Security Analyst / Officer
Security Analyst / Officer
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
About the role - Security Analyst / Officer
The Security Analyst/Officer will assist the Head of Cyber Security to support Abcam's needs at a Global level and to assist with the delivery of Security Operations, Architecture and progression of a new Security Programme.
A fundamental element of the Security Programme will be the design and delivery of a new Security Operations including the SIEM management and the progression of events.
About the Cyber Security Team at Abcam
The Cyber Security department is a new and exciting discipline within Abcam. It comprises of a small team based in Cambridge, working with a wider virtualised team across the Global Abcam offices. Further specialist support is provided through various Managed Service Providers.
Our security is delivered through some of the more advanced technologies. With an ‘Enterprise' approach to our Business Systems, Security is being uplifted to an equivalent higher standard.
Roles and responsibilities
Ideally you will have a strong background in Security working within an IT department that has overseen an ERP transition. Having hands on experience across a multitude of Security tools, and a thorough understanding of Security Operations and Security Architecture.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Support Security Incident Management and manage events generated by the SOC/SIEM.
- Ensure the correct logs are ingested by the SIEM
- Assist in the creation, delivery of policies, processes and standards.
- Delivery and management of Vulnerability Management, PEN Testing and Patch Management prioritised according to criticality.
- Protection. Through hands-on, ensuring our Perimeter and end point protection is tuned and monitored against current threats.
- Forensics. Ability to prepare forensics evidence where needed.
- Assisting in the design and delivery of a Security Programme
- Delivery of Security design & coding standards covering an array of tools, systems, and technologies.
- Manage security into the SDLC such that our infrastructure and systems are Secure by Design.
- Understanding compliance requirements and ensuring our technical controls are compliant.
- Encryption standards and design.
Essential skills required for the role
- Significant experience within a Technical Security role
- Proven hands-on experience in the configuration of Security Tools
- Thorough Understanding of Data Protection and the applicable compliance standards (GDPR, PCI, etc)
- Excellent Networking and TCP/IP knowledge
- Excellent communication and team player skills.
Nice to have skills
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science.
- Security qualification (CISSP, Certified Ethical Hacker, GIAC, etc).
- Knowledge of ISO 27001
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers' success and their research needs.
It's our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support, and delivery. When you join Abcam, you'll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience click on “APPLY” today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance!
No agencies please.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81433218