Financial Reporting Analyst
An opportunity to join an FP&A team as a financial reporting analyst at a top UK financial services company.
The successful candidate must be at Finalist level with an ACA, ACCA or CIMA and have strong understanding of statutory reporting and IFRS.
Mt Client is the early-stage investment arm of a leading UK FS company. They investing from the principal balance sheet of the parent company. The purpose is to generate long-term value by injecting new capital into three key sectors: Housing, Infrastructure and SME Finance.
- Financial reporting and statutory accounts process
- Review the necessary journals and the monthly management accounts including a P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statement. Check the accounts for accuracy, identify and investigate variances against Plan and provide commentary
- Review financial information prepared by junior team members in Controller (Group financial reporting system) and the data input on a quarterly basis. Liaise with various entities to confirm intercompany balances, investigate and resolve any differences
- Production of statutory financial statements for the legal entities within the divisional structure
- Interactions with the Group's external statutory auditors including responding to queries around the figures presented and associated accounting policies
- Production of entity level financial management accounts to support the board meetings of the legal entities in question
- Prepare tax computations on a quarterly basis and review with Group Tax at HY and YE. Liaise with Group Tax to identify any tax efficiencies
- Complete additional off-line templates to support the quarterly reporting for Group Finance including intercompany reports, asset valuations and provide any information required for external reporting
- Review management accounts received from Joint Venture Finance teams and liaise with them to resolve any queries
- Assist in the selection of appropriate accounting policies and the drafting of relevant papers to support the accounting treatment of new investments and other emerging accounting themes and prepare technical review committee papers
- Take day to day responsibility for the division's liquidity forecasting including production of monthly liquidity forecasts by entity, reporting of historical cash flows, and variance analysis to forecast
- Liaise with Group Treasury around payments to be made from the relevant accounts of the entities within the division
- Ensure that all cash flows, both actual and forecast, are reported consistently within the division's asset-level reporting and FP&A system (Anaplan)
- Supporting the Head of FP&A, Head of Finance and CFO, LGC, in the quality and consistency of the core financial data within the legal entities in the LGC division.
- This includes asset performance, expenses, liquidity and solvency capital planning and reporting as part of the divisional MI circulated to key stakeholder groups
- building relationships and liaising with the Finance, Direct Investment, the wider LGC team and other key stakeholders such as Group
- Finalist Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Strong understanding of statutory reporting and IFRS
- Familiarity with Oracle Accounting Software and Cognos Controller desirable but not essential
- Understanding of key reporting metrics including Operating Profit, ROA/ ROCE
- An awareness of Economic Capital and Solvency II regulation an advantage but not essential
- Accountant who has previous experience of financial and statutory reporting and financial controls, ideally in a financial institution or an audit team
Familiarity with excel
- Strong written skills, including an ability to provide commentary which will go to Board level
- Good analytical skills and the ability to communicate the outcome of analysis
- Proactive, team player
- High level of attention to detail
£40,000-£45,000 + Benefits + Bonus.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81429032