DevOps Engineer - Southampton - £40K to £50K
DevOps Engineer is required to join a highly progressive company, working on the cutting edge of server technology from their head office based on the outskirts of Southampton.
The role of a DevOps Engineer would involve working alongside the main software development team (based mainly Java & PHP) and the Infrastructure Operations team (mainly Red Hat based Linux along with FreeBSD and Microsoft Servers). You will help to deliver large scale projects for a highly impressive client list using an impressive array of new technologies.
- Excellent Linux system administration, Scripting and automation skills (Ruby, Python, Bash, Jenkins)
- Experienced in monitoring tools, frameworks and processes
- Experienced in full automation and configuration management using tools such as Ansible or Puppet
- Experience in supporting production applications on AWS or other similar cloud technologies
- Deep understanding of HTTP and web service technologies
- Participated in collaborative coding environments (peer review, continuous integration, etc.)
As you will be working within a team environment then your communication skills, both written and verbal must be very strong.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fantastic company that will be able to offer further career prospects, an excellent benefits package and a truly unique working environment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81432843