Finance Ops Manager
My client is seeking a Finance Operations Manager to join them on a contract basis for a minimum 3-6 assignment. This role looks after the day to day finance operations of the organisation in Edinburgh.
A leading organisation in their area.
- The role includes responsibility for a number of key finance activities such as Payroll & Pensions, Treasury, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable; with an overarching responsibility for ensuring an environment of effective financial control in those areas.
- The ability to set effective strategies and lead multiple finance teams (including qualified and non-qualified staff) to the highest standard is essential. Given the level of senior internal and external interaction in the role, excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills are also vital.
- The Finance Operations Manager has responsibility for delivering a large continuous improvement agenda in the processes and systems, and thus change management experience and strong IT system skills (Oracle or similar finance systems) are also important.
- By necessity the role requires flexibility as the responsibilities and obligations placed on the central finance team will change over time, reflecting the changing environment.
- This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Finance Professional to utilise their experience and skills in a complex and interesting environment.
- Candidates must be qualified to a degree level and have a relevant accountancy qualification (e.g. ICAS, ICAEW, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA or equivalent).
Professional and other relevant experience
- Significant experience of leadership and management of a financial control and operations team in a complex organisation.
- Experience in design, documentation, implementation and exercise of key financial controls in order to safeguard funds and other assets of the group; to prevent and detect fraud; and to secure best value.
- Strategic and operational experience in running payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and treasury operations.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing and delivering strategic and tactical change in a large organisation.
- Proven track record of developing and sustaining customer service relationships.
- Experience in managing overseas payrolls and global mobility processes
A solid day rate is available for the successful Finance Operations Manager to be based in Edinburgh.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81432492