Senior UX Researcher/Designer
Senior UX Researcher/Designer
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Permanent, Full time
About the role
Abcam, a global leader in the bioscience industry, is looking for a Senior UX Researcher & Designer to support phenomenal and continued growth. Working out of the HQ in Cambridge, you will be responsible for delivering intuitive and engaging UX that defines the commitment of our global Customer Experience function.
The Senior UX Researcher & Designer position will be responsible for a wide range of activities, including UX design, with a focus on data gathering and analysis, user testing and research activities that align with our customer experience vision.
Roles and responsibilities
• Analyze, collaborate, propose and champion sophisticated user experiences that support customer and business needs; being the voice of UX in project streams, evangelizing and motivating UIs, developers, PMs and others that participate in our agile processes.
• Carry out qualitative and quantitative research. Utilizing user behavior and data to support your UX rationale, resulting in concise detailed
• Educating and inspiring colleagues to create coherent user experiences across multiple environments and devices to improve customer conversion.
• Looking ahead at roadmap releases plan supporting activities including; gather and share data, such as (but not limited to) interviews and user testing (both internal and external), heatmaps, recordings, polls, funnels, journey maps.
• A team player, collaborating with colleagues across the organization to make sure we’re making the most of our data and to identify weaknesses in the user journey, proposing activities for continual improvement.
• Collaborate on planning, identifying UX priorities and requirements with product owners to create sophisticated standout functionality, user flows and experiences, whilst identifying with and challenging the current IT capabilities.
• Adapt processes to keep abreast of current UX practices and industry change. Share findings with the team and others influenced by UX workflow.
• Balance user needs with business goals and technical capabilities.
• Set the pace for UX output; production and refinement.
• Inspire and mentor members of the team, providing consistent feedback to help strengthen and extend team capabilities.
• You’re a UX practitioner with experience utilizing a strong understanding of usability design principles to produce real value for a large ecommerce brand or organization, working across both desktop and mobile.
• Experience utilizing both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
• Working within a small UX team, you can independently conduct research, analyze feedback and design sophisticated solutions.
• You are used to collaborating with members of UX, other individuals, teams and departments.
• Job satisfaction equates to continual exploration, discovery, proposition and delivery of great UX.
• You are naturally curious, investigating cause is the first step to finding the right solution. Waiting for problems and tasks to surface isn’t in your nature.
• Naturally proactive and display decisive behaviors, anticipating what comes next and have the confidence to act. Whether communicating with individuals or teams across the organization or analyzing data.
• Thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment and can adapt to changing priorities and requirements.
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, influencing at all levels, including presenting design solutions to senior stakeholders.
• Understand the importance of communicating cross-function, to convey UX led ideas and can display the confidence to drive projects forward, identifying who needs to be involved and engage.
• The desire to improve the end-to-end customer experience, empathizing with and representing the user.
• You have created UX specifications, wireframes, complex user flows, using Axure or similar with exceptional attention to detail.
• Experience with UX Design tools (OmniGraffle, etc.) and interactive prototyping tools (ideally Axure).
• The successful candidate will be a highly proactive self-starter, that is naturally dedicated to the UX discipline and understands the value it can contribute to the customer experience. Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm and attitude.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.
If you feel you have the necessary skills to be successful in this role click on “APPLY” today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No Agencies please.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81432082