Project Engineer - Middlesbrough - Competitive salary
Your new company
Our client is a leading provider in their market to a wide variety of industry sectors worldwide, including onshore and offshore customers. The engineering teams are at the heart of the business and are critical to their continued success.
Your new role
As a Graduate Project Engineer you will be involved in the design or innovative, high quality, cost effective and safe solutions for the clients. Ensuring solutions are delivered on time and budget to the clients satisfaction. The role of Project Engineer is to control and execute the engineering activities and project management of the clients Offshore Services including performing tender drawings, design drawings, technical tender support, production RAMS documentation and structural calculations for Load-out, Float-over and various marine/civil heavylift operations. It is expected that the successful candidate will progress in their role to include site visits, client liaison, site implementation and site based engineering.
- Engineering solutions of clients heavy transport and installation requirements both on site and in the Engineering Office
- Attend kick off meetings with Commercial and Operations teams to establish the client's exact requirements and agree deadlines for submission of documentation.
- Production and handover to Commercial and Operations teams of Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS), equipment lists, engineering drawings, design calculations, operations programmes, plant and labour requirements ensuring the documents comply with company procedures, legislative guidance and good practice
- Attend site visits to measure and record specific information, including routing, and to ensure that this information is incorporated into the RAMS documentation
- Co-ordinate with the internal departments to ensure activities are compliant within the companies agreed scope and programme, with timely and suitable communication of any required changes
- Attend site for the execution of the project and assist the site supervisor in the completion of the project by being the main point of contact with the client on site with regards to co-ordination, project programme, engineering and HSQE issues
- Liaise with Project Manager and Operations Manager regarding site progress
- Provide technical support to the site supervisor and respond to issues on site in a professional and timely manner
- Maintain your continual professional development (CPD) with the aim of becoming Chartered through the support of the company's Career Appraisal Scheme
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll need to succeed The successful candidate would meet the following brief and also have all the essential requirements.
- Project Engineer with 2-5 years' experience.
- Someone looking for a new challenge with potential to progress to a Project Manager or Senior Engineer.
- Competent working onsite and in office in wide variety of industries
- Mechanical, civil, structural engineering background or Naval Architect/ Marine Engineer to Degree Level
- Sound structural knowledge
- Experience in Heavylift industry desirable but not necessary
- Experience in civil, construction, renewable, oil and gas or offshore industries required.
- Degree in relevant engineering discipline (Civil, Mechanical, Marine)
- Be able to produce design calculations to relevant standards Intermediate AutoCAD/Excel/Word/Outlook
- High analytical ability
- High level of self-motivation and self-management
- Good communicator - written and verbal
- Able to work as part of a team and also independently
- Able to learn new techniques and procedures
- Able to invent and propose new methods of work/modifications to existing systems
- Able to solve ad-hoc problems quickly with clearly defined solutions
- Quality and detail focus
- Able to travel in different countries at short notice
- Flexibility is required, and willing to travel and work within and outside the UK for extensive periods.
- Current and valid driving license
- Current and valid passport, no restrictions
- A Level (or equivalent) in Maths and Physics, grade A or B
Work placement in engineering or related business
- Advanced AutoCAD
- Knowledge in Engineering & Marine Software such as MATHCAD, STAAD, MOSES, SACS, OPTIMOOR, AUTOHYDRO etc.
- Clear concise communicator - written and verbal
- Able to adapt communication style to suit audience (Site operator - Client - Board member)
- Effective Planner
What you'll get in return
No two projects are the same, and project sites will be at a number of destinations both within and outside the UK. If you're looking for a role that provides constant challenge and variety, then look no further. This is a fantastic company to join for career progression competitive salary and flexi working also available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81427795