Payroll Assistant job in Ipswich, must have experience
Payroll Administrator required for leading accountancy practice in Ipswich
Hays are recruiting an experienced Payroll Assistant, to join the friendly and supportive Business Support team for a leading Accountancy Practice in central Ipswich.
In this varied role, you will be working within a small team, running multiple payrolls for a variety of clients who operate in a wide range of sectors including retail, the professions, charities and education.
The successful candidate:
- Will have good academic results with a minimum C grade GCSE in Mathematics and English (or equivalent).
- Must have significant payroll administration experience and knowledge of payroll processing. Up to date knowledge of payroll legislation, including HMRC regulations, is essential, as is a working knowledge of SSP, SMP, SPP and NI calculations.
- Should be ICT literate and proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Must have previous experience of payroll systems.
- Should have a proven track record of working to deadlines, with a positive approach to problem-solving and working in a small team. The ability to multi-task is a must.
- Must possess excellent communication and organisational skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Will be self-motivated, able to work without supervision. Capable of exercising complete confidentiality and discretion regarding our work.
- Previous payroll experience within an accountancy or professional services practice would be helpful, but is not essential.
The role offers an attractive salary and benefits in a highly regarded and friendly team.
Please apply on line or contact Cara Whyte at Hays
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81397550