IT Systems Administrator
IT Systems Administrator
Permanent - 37.5 hours per week
Our client’s group operates within the pharmaceutical aseptic compounding, clinical homecare and laboratory services sectors.
One subsidiary produces over 3,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need of pain relief. Through their scientific and technology capabilities, the team continuously develops new and innovative methods to improve our products and services.
Another subsidiary is a growing clinical homecare provider in an expanding market offering greater convenience to patients whilst delivering efficiencies to the NHS.
A third subsidiary is a microbiological services business currently in its developmental stage. Its aim is to bring to market innovative microbiological testing and monitoring services, methodologies and technologies in the pharmaceutical manufacturing and clinical/diagnostics sectors.
The group now includes over 200 people with a leading edge turnover greater than £190 million.
Following a period of intense growth, they are currently recruiting an IT Systems Administrator to take a key role in delivering and supporting IT services. You will join their friendly, dynamic team to manage the delivery and operation of all IT infrastructure, including desktop computing, telephony, servers, networks, storage and some custom-built hardware systems.
You will have a range of key responsibilities to include:
- Plan, install and configure hardware, operating systems and applications
- Monitor, maintain and troubleshoot IT systems, including desktop computing, telephony, servers, storage and networking
- Provide first, second and third line support to local and remote users, handling escalation from other IT staff
- Manage escalation to external support providers as required
- Establish a good working relationship with customers, suppliers and other professionals
- Identify, test and evaluate new technology to address business needs
- Lead technology-based project work and infrastructure design
This position requires someone with a proactive, hands-on approach and at least three years’ experience in a similar role. The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of a wide range of technologies and experience in the design and planning IT infrastructure. This is a challenging role requiring both planning and technical skills, and good attention to detail.
They are looking for a confident dynamic individual, who is able to influence others and is passionate about IT. This is a really exciting opportunity to join a company that has shaken up the commercial world of aseptic manufacture and is the only independent company specialising in aseptic compounding.
In return they offer rewards and benefits including:
- Salary £30K to £35K (dependent on experience, knowledge and skills)
- 21 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday. Increasing with service
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Child care vouchers
- Company bonus scheme
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
Our client is based in a new science park development in Corsham, with easy access to Chippenham, Bath and Bristol.
If you are interested in this superb opportunity, please apply with your covering letter and CV ASAP.
Closing date for applications is – Monday 28th May 2018. Interviews will take place on Wednesday 6th June 2018. You will be contacted by Thursday 31st May 2018 if you have been shortlisted for an interview.
*PLEASE NOTE – by applying to this position, you agree for your CV and covering letter to be submitted to our client, who shall contact you directly, should your application make their short-list.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81430151