Apprentice Onsite IT Engineer
Do you have a passion for technology and a drive to succeed in a fast paced environment?
Baltic Training and Computacenter are delighted to be recruiting for an Apprentice Onsite IT Engineer to cover their portfolio across central London.
Why do an apprenticeship?
Do you want to earn money, whilst gaining qualifications, business expertise, and boost your career prospects? Unlike traditional education, apprentices learn the skills they need on the job with the guidance of a mentor, and training from industry experts. In fact, research has shown apprentices can earn £4,000 more than those in similar job roles. If you're ready to earn more, start your apprenticeship with Baltic Training today, apply below.
About the Employer
Working in partnership with tech giants such as Microsoft, Hitachi and HP, Computacenter are a technology powerhouse who operate globally in the America's, Europe, South Africa and Asia. Offering an array of innovative services such as Security, Networking, Service Desk and many more, Computacenter always look maximize client productivity and enhance business value.
Tasks to be trained in
- Perform routine technical requests either remotely or at a customer site to meet business and customer requirements
- Ensure documents and reports on work/findings are completed to ensure company and customer procedures are met
- Escalate issues in line with company procedures
- Provide basic IT customer service (troubleshooting, configuration, 1st line support)
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in ICT
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Networking Fundamentals
- Mobility and Device Fundamentals
- Cloud Fundamentals
- Coding and Logic
- Business Process
- Level 2 Functional Skills (Literacy, Numeracy and ICT)
- Excellent communication with great interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow guidance and instruction
- Hardware/Component knowledge would be beneficial
- Strong attention to detail with an articulate and methodical approach to work
- Previous experience in installing OS would be beneficial
- Positive 'can do' attitude with the ability to work under pressure as well as close supervision
We're always looking for enthusiastic people to add to our talent pool: at Baltic, we believe people are more than a list of skills, so even if you don't feel like you tick every box - get in touch with us! Our apprenticeships will teach you all the skills you need to succeed anyway!
Salary, Hours, Benefits
- Monday - Friday
- 40 hours per week
- 08:30 - 17:00
- £15,000 per annum
- Permanent full-time employment upon completion of program (performance depending)
- All travel between sites will be paid
- Extra internal training and development
There are career progression opportunities available upon completion of the programme. You, along with your employer, may progress to a Level 4 programme, and take your training even further.
Location & Travel
This role is located in Southwark, central London with easy access to public transport links but will also cover other sites within a close proximity. With this role requiring some travel within central London, all cost/travel between sites will be paid.
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We help people transform their knowledge and passion into skills that employers need.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! Once we receive your application one of our team will be in touch to help you with the next stage of your application. In the meantime if you want to get a head start on the other applicants expand your knowledge with the links provided!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81428721