9-12 month contract
Our client is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world's most harmful disease. We're proud to work with a client with such a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaborations and work hard to harness and reward the ideas and creativity it produces. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energised and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
We are looking for a diverse individual for our Global Finance Operations (GFO) team, operating globally through a hybrid model of captive and outsourced delivery centres is at the heart of the Finance function. It is accountable to the business Group for the design and delivery of high quality, simple to operate transactional finance processes that enable our customers to focus on the company's strategic priorities driving the cash focus through disciplined management of supplier and customer payment terms and practices. GFO delivers record to report, purchase to pay, contract to cash, T&E and data management operations and provides process helpdesk services to internal and external end users, including training support to internal users.
The company is currently undertaking a high level of strategic change with a strong focus upon specific theory areas. As a result, the company is entering into a number of deals with third parties, such as divesting, acquiring, out licensing or commericialising products. As the successful role holder you will primarily focus upon the deal related activities within the GFO Record to Report (R2R) process area. You will support the implementation of the necessary changes within the R2R transactional process as well as delivering the necessary contractual reporting. This is a global role requiring you to work across geographies, teams and business areas to scope and deliver an outcome. In addition the role will provide support to the wider R2R team when required to deliver the process area's objectives, such as process standardisation, service delivery and governance. Successful delivery will be achieved through excellent communication skills and by building and maintaining a strong global cross-functional network to deliver the business goals.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Working collaboratively with Group Finance, the Deal team, IT, Operations and GFO Regional teams to understand and implement the transactional financial reporting specifics of new deals to a high standard and within tight deadlines.
- Ensuring the accounting requirements for the accounting issues / major transactions impacting the accounts associated with divestments/acquisition activities are clearly understood and that required changes are embedded within the delivery centre processes and procedures.
- Delivering the contractual sales reporting to third parties for current and future product divestments or commercialisation deals to a high standard.
- Providing analytical review of sales reporting reconciliations to understand movements. This will include system interrogation, challenging reporting and local teams, proactively managing queries and discussing month end reports with the Post deal management team
- Identifying and implementing improvements within the current divestment process and supporting the wider R2R standardization initiatives.
- Supporting any relevant project work or wider business change, including supporting the wider UK based Record to Report team on relevant activities.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Energetic, proactive and self motivated qualified finance professional with the capability to build strong internal and external relationships with stakeholders in our global organisation.
- Strong Excel skills and good working knowledge of using a major ERP system (ie SAP) and a consolidation toolkit, such as Hyperion.
- Experience of the Record to Report processes and systems from a large/global organisation.
- Experience of delivering continuous improvements across key business processes.
- Ability to remain objective & independent whilst under pressure and delivering to tight deadlines.
- Experience of driving issue resolution across system & process landscapes.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ideal candidates will have specific industry and process experience including benchmarking
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81397140