Software Quality Engineer
- Full Time
SOFTWARE QUALITY ENGINEER - OVERVIEW
The role will involve working with an engineering team on an existing project to ensure that the overall quality targets, as set by the project customer, are met. The role is expected to be highly integrated with the delivery team; the quality engineer will be in the position of providing practical guidance to the team and effectively delegating quality-related tasks.
Tasks regularly undertaken will include:
· Working with the team to identify any deviation against documented standards or potential improvements and jointly identifying measures to address these
· Ensuring that the procedures & working practices of the team are aligned with the high-level quality goals of the project and identifying specific tasks to be undertaken to improve alignment
· Supporting the definition of procedural documentation & supporting artefacts (checklists, templates, etc)
· Supporting the project with process tailoring, based on the adaptation of baseline procedures.
· Coaching the project team on topics pertinent to software quality & helping them to interpret how the high-level goals may be met through specific engineering practices
· Mock-auditing of the project
· Working with the project manager and team leader in order that they have a comprehensive overview of the status and can track the progress of tasks within the quality workstream
Some travel (national & international) is expected to be required to support client meetings & undertake assessment and audit activities.
SOFTWARE QUALITY ENGINEER - PERSON
The ideal candidate will:
· Be able to clearly communicate with stakeholders at different levels, including engineers, project managers and senior management
· Draw on their experience to take the lead in making recommendations on approach, reach agreement with the project leadership team & subsequently define the task(s) to implement the recommendations
· Have several years demonstrable experience with defining, maintaining & improving software process based on analysis of the specific needs of an organization or project, preferably targeting compliance with SPICE or Automotive SPICE.
· Have experience in planning, undertaking & reporting on assessment & audit activities
· Understand how a constructive relationship between QA & implementation teams can be created & fostered to pro-actively support implementation engineers
· Have a good understanding of and have worked with both plan-based & iterative life-cycles
Knowledge/experience in one or more of the following areas would be advantageous, but not required:
· Experience of working on a project destined for series-production and an understanding of the associated processes required to ensure the necessary level of quality
· Awareness of functional safety standards (such as IEC 61508 or ISO 26262) and the implication on software development processes
· Experience of working on embedded systems written in 'C'
· Understanding of model-based design (MBD) using tools such as Targetlink or Simulink Coder
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81430471