Head Teachers PA Job, Tower Hamlets
Personal Assistant required for an Associate Head Teacher for a secondary school in Tower Hamlets.
JOB TITLE: Personal Assistant to Associate Headteacher
Contracted hours: 35 per week
REPORTS TO: Headteacher
1. PURPOSE OF JOB:
The post holder will provide a high-performing PA service to the Associate Head.
S/he will also be responsible for the co-ordination, event management, administration, marketing and recruitment
2. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES, TASKS & DUTIES
* Ensuring a high standard of administrative and management support for the Associate Headteacher, in order to assist in the smooth running of all activities, working under their supervision but expected to exercise considerable initiative in performing delegated duties, seeking the necessary advice, where appropriate
* Receiving and welcoming visitors to the school on behalf of the Associate Head, providing the appropriate hospitality.
* Managing the Associate Head teacher's diary by arranging and booking meetings; taking minutes; screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests and handling them or re-directing them to others as appropriate, using discretion in providing information both within and outside the School.
* Dealing with emails, correspondence and writing memos and letters from dictation
* Producing accurate and high quality School Publications, Policy Documents, Briefing Papers, Reports, Presentations etc. as required
* Arranging for the provision of buffets/refreshments for staff on training courses and other meetings, ensuring any specific dietary requirements are met
* Co-ordination and administration of a comprehensive professional learning programme for Mulberry staff including advertising and recruiting to programmes, monitoring attendance and evaluating the impact of professional learning on raising standards.
* Advising the Associate Headteacher and relevant staff of available and appropriate training courses for school staff.
* Shaping key school events which exemplify and communicate brand values including advising on event planning to improve audience experience and ensuring the communication of key messages and appropriate brand values.
* Leading a team in the organisation of all public events relating to the whole school remit of the Associate Headteacher.
* Maintaining budgetary spreadsheets to keep abreast of available funding, outstanding income and expenditure, advising the Associate Headteacher accordingly; managing budgets and communicating with the Finance and Resources Director. Ensure budgets are carefully managed for all events.
* Co-ordinating INSET training, sometimes in conjunction with other schools, ensuring that the appropriate training schedules are arranged including liaising with external contacts to arrange specialist training both on and off site.
* Maintaining computerized data bases as required including of all training records to allow easy analysis for future planning
* Compiling and collating evaluations of all professional learning opportunities and analysing the impact of provision. Report to Associate Headteacher with recommendations for future provision.
* Analysing the records of Appraisal /PPDPs for teaching staff, advising the Associate Headteacher of identified training requirements
* Liaising with the Associate Head teacher to keep accurate records of training of support staff and to identify further training needs and to evaluate impact.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81396816