An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Management Accountant to join a market-leading and innovative business, based just in Derbyshire.
The principle aim of the Management Accountant is to provide day-to-day financial management support to the business. You will be an active part of the local management team.
This role would suit a candidate who has the confidence to recommend improvements and make decisions but is not afraid to get stuck into the detail themselves.
Responsibilities of the role include (but are not limited to) the following:
- With assistance from others in the Finance team, lead the monthly management accounts process.
- Prepare analysis of variances to budget and prior year.
- With assistance from the Finance Team, ensure that balance sheet reconciliations are completed to deadlines.
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget and forecasting process (including P&L, CAPEX and cash flow)
- Assist with the production and reporting of financial KPIs within the business.
- Proactively manage costs within budgets and work on increasing profitability throughout the business.
- Assist with product costing and customer pricing decisions
- Assist as necessary with statutory returns such as monthly VAT returns, EC sales lists and payroll taxes.
- Ensure accurate inventory valuation within the accounting system (including raw materials, WIP and finished goods).
- Assist with management of the debtors and creditors ledgers - including ensuring timely cash collections from customers.
- Assist with the external audit process.
- Assist with the maintaining of effective systems of internal controls.
- You'll be a qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) accountant, with a minimum of 1 year post-qualification experience within industry.
- You will need to have a rounded management accounting experience with great technical accounting skills
- Must possess the willingness & acumen to work with other departments to drive the profitability of the business.
Salary - £40k
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81428586