Quantity Surveyor - Civil Engineering & Maintenance
Job Title - Quantity Surveyor
Salary - £40k-£50k plus package
Location - Croydon
Our Civil Engineering & Maintenance client was Established over 30 years ago. They are a family business that quickly established itself with clients in London and the South East, impressing them with the quality of their work and the professionalism of their approach.
Alongside its specialism in road surfacing, our client gradually increased its involvement in the civil engineering field until this became an equal part of their offer to the industry.
The clients early business days centred on the private sector. In the years since, they developed a major public sector presence with substantial work for local authorities throughout the South East.
In 2011, our client was acquired by an investment consortium. These entrepreneurs have a strong record of developing and expanding businesses and an established reputation for far-sighted planning. The evolution of the company is part of a dynamic process - it's building on strong foundations to develop a powerful, forward-looking and comprehensive resource - perfectly geared to the needs of clients facing the challenges of the years ahead.
Our client have a excellent Operations and Commercial team and are looking to bring on an Intermediate level Quantity Surveyor who is keen to work for a well established and reputable Civil Engineering company.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following;
- Prepare and dispatch tender packages to subcontractors
- Set up job files and all necessary records
- Collate subcontractor tenders and in consultation with the Contracts Manager, award subcontracts
- In conjunction with the Senior Quantity Surveyor, check and approve subcontractor claims for payment
- Liaise with subcontractors to resolve queries
- Assess and cost variations to contract
- Update and maintain records
- Assist with contract valuations
- Assist with monthly cost/value reconciliations
- In conjunction with the Senior Project Surveyor, submit and agree final accounts
- Predominantly office based but site visits will be required through South London or adjacent Home Counties
To be successful in the role you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Experience working on Civil & Maintenance projects
- Have a minimum 3 years demonstrated commercial UK experience
- Have excellent communication skills
- Must be computer literate
- Up to £50,000 + Package
If you would like to be considered for this role or any other opportunities, please submit your CV, or for a confidential discussion, please contact Sam Taylor on