Field Service Technician
HQ4407: Field Service Technician
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 (DOE)
An opportunity has become available for a competent Electrician / Electrical Engineer in the Leeds area.
The role include conducting calibrations on customer sites to various instruments in accordance to ISO 17025 standard. The successful candidate will join an expanding international market leader in instrumentation.
Applications from ex-military personnel i.e. Navy, Royal Air Force (RAF) or Army are strongly encouraged.
The position is ideally suited for someone who has technical knowledge of process control and process industries and has relevant Health & Safety training. You will be prepared to potentially stay away from home during the week, although it won’t be every week, just as and when required. Expenses for this would be covered and a company van, tools and mobile will be provided.
- Efficient and effective calibrations to both the company’s and third party instruments.
- Interface with customers by telephone, email, fax and letter providing pro-active customer care
- To adhere to site safety rules, permit to work systems and carry out risk assessments
- To work to local and industry procedures and to comply with industry codes of practice and the company’s quality management system
- Take on a lead role when working on site with any sub-contractor employed by the company.
- Ensure your calibration tool kit is in good working order and within its calibration date.
- You are responsible for ensuring the relevant parts of your tool kit is sent back to head office for recalibration in a timely manner.
- Ensure your PPE is corporate (branded) and fit for purpose.
- Lead a team of less experienced calibration technicians when required.
- Able to use our reporting system efficiently and produce reports in a timely manner.
- Collection and logging of simple device information into our web-enabled asset management system.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications required:
- Clean Driver’s License
- Educated to ONC standard or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic Instrumentation or
- Technical knowledge of process control and process industries is essential.
- Health & Safety training.
- City & Guilds 2351 OR 2330 OR 2360 Part 1 & 2 OR NVQ Level3 in Electro-Technical Services OR Higher
- Time served apprentice in electronic/instrumentation
- Leadership training in staff supervision
- Familiar with software packages: Mobile Service Engineer / Lotus notes
- Technically minded
- Diagnostic & Analytical aptitude
- Good understanding of customer requirements
- Ability to supervise a team.
- Customer rapport building skills
- Good telephone & E mail manner
- Ability to work under pressure
- Self-motivated, have the ability to work on own initiative and as team player
- A flexible approach to working activities
- Good organisational skills
- Computer literate
Ranges between £25,000 and £30,000 depending on experience.
The Field Service Technicianwill work 40-hour weeks.
In addition to a guaranteed base salary and regular overtime opportunities, benefits include:
- 23 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Child Care Voucher Scheme
- Death Insurance