Junior Finance Manager
Successful, growing, firm of Accountants based in Reading have an excellent opportunity to join their team as Junior Finance Manager
Key responsibilities of the role are:
- Drive monthly cost centre reviews, challenge performance and ensure integrity of monthly forecasts
- Manage production of monthly management accounts within set deadlines, ensuring accurate reflection of financial performance and variances
- Monitoring of appropriate KPI's, and other management information, and provide challenge thereof
- Help assess, mitigate and manage business and financial risks
- Review and control of the Income Statement and Balance Sheet of the relevant entity(s) - including closing the relevant entities books with a full and commented TB and P+L review
- Supporting accurate recording of Revenue and Margin in a timely manner ensuring adherence to the month-end timetable,
- Ensuring month-end reviews and reporting supports the close process.
- Balance sheet reconciliation sign off
- Producing work for the Manager, highlighting issues and providing potential solutions
- Ability to work independently of supervision and be proactive in all areas of the role.
- Have experience within a small or medium sized practice (1 years minimum)
- Qualified in a recognised Professional Accountancy qualification such as ACA/ACCA etc.,
- Strong Excel skills
- Attention to detail but also being able to see the "bigger picture"
- Team player with "hands on" approach
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to liaise with non-finance staff and at all levels