Private Wealth Solicitor - 2-3 years PQE plus Benefits
Specifically a role within our client's Private Client Team providing estate administration services and advice on Wills, LPAs and tax planning to our existing and target clients - 1-3 year PQE Solicitor Required URGENTLY.
Our client is a leading law firm based in the South East however its location does not define its client base - Innovation and collaboration are two of their core values. They have been nominated for a number of innovation awards this year and standout delivery model was recognised in the 2016 Financial Times’ report on the 50 most innovative law firms in Europe.
They have led the way with organisational and behavioral changes that are designed to ensure our lawyers are closer to our clients and aligned with their commercial objectives. They have discarded the outdated production-driven model of a law firm that values chargeable inputs above all else.
Main function of the role:
- Providing general tax planning advice
- Preparing Wills of varying degrees of complexity
- Drafting trust deeds, declarations of trusts, deeds of variation
- Advising on and preparing and registering powers of attorney
- Dealing with the administration of estates of varying complexities and the implementation of associated trust arrangements
- Supporting business development initiatives for the team and the firm
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Managing a busy caseload, under supervision as required, dealing with a wide range of tax and trust matters to include - lifetime tax planning (to cover Capital Gains, Inheritance and Income Tax advice); advising on existing trusts, to include drafting documents to terminate and vary trusts; the creation of new trusts; death and post death tax planning
- Acting for and advising a wide range of private individuals but in particular those with high net worth, landed estate owners and owners of SMEs
- Client liaison, both over the telephone and in person, taking instructions, providing progress updates and managing the financial affairs of the file
- A keenness to participate in marketing initiatives
- Meeting financial targets of at least 1,200 chargeable hours per annum
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme - discretionary.
- 25 days holiday per annum increasing with service (depending on entry level)
- Life assurance 3x salary
- Private medical insurance (depending on entry level)
- Healthcare cash plan
- Pension scheme - matched up to 4%
- Discounted legal services
- Onsite car parking dependent on level
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity or other opportunities in the market then contact Leilani Reader at or call for a confidential discussion.
LR Legal is a specialist legal recruitment agency, our enviable reputation is based on trust, integrity and doing what is right for you. We will always talk to you about your application and ask permission before sending your CV to any of our Clients.
Our Consultants have the latest market knowledge at their fingertips and can offer advice and guidance on your next career move - just call us about this role or to see if we have other suitable vacancies for you.
The PQE identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE.
LR Legal Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.