Speech and Language Therapist
SPEECH AND LANGUAGE THERAPIST
£24,000 - £28,000
36 hours per week
We are looking for an experienced Speech and Language Therapist to join a private health care company that have Care Centres and Support Services for the general elderly, dementia patients, patients with neuro disorders and patients with Learning disabilities.
Your role will contribute to the provision of SALT services in the organisation, participating in the achievement of SALT mission and quality objectives.
This will involve providing high quality, efficient and effective speech and language therapy services, within available resources and in accordance with appropriate regional and national guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities Clinical
- Manage own caseload of service users with severe or complex needs, with appropriate support from the Senior Speech and Language Therapist, in accordance with the service's models of care, including:
- Carrying out clinical observations, informal and formal assessments of service users and analysing the results reflecting on own knowledge and experience and seeking more specialist advice as required.
- Being responsible for devising person-centred therapeutic intervention plans in association with the service user's family/ carers and specialist staff.
- Monitoring intervention outcome and adapting the plan accordingly
- Providing reports reflecting own knowledge and experience with reference to established and evidence-based practice within the profession
- Be a key member of the multi-disciplinary therapy team providing advice regarding speech, language or communication needs for family/ carers and health professionals in respect of both individual service users and/or general guidance regarding the management of these difficulties.
- Establish a trusting and respectful relationship with service users and their family/ carers and ensuring that appropriate boundaries are maintained.
Skills and Experiences required.
- Recognised Speech and Language Therapy Degree Qualification or equivalent
- Health and Care Professions Council Licence to Practice
- Registered member of RCSLT
- At least six months' experience of supporting people with Autism and Learning Difficulties
- Experience of providing Speech and Language Therapy intervention to adults with communication difficulties
- Experience of working with a multi-disciplinary team
- Knowledge of a range of appropriate therapeutic interventions relating to adults with complex communication difficulties and/or language disorder
- Understanding of the roles of other professionals within a multi-disciplinary
- Knowledge of standards of record keeping
- Understanding of the principles of Clinical Governance/ Audit
- Knowledge of National policies and procedures relating to adults in care, including the CQC and the five domains
For more information and or to apply please call Lydia Robinson on and or email