I&C Settlements Manager
Responsible to the Head of Electricity Data, the I&C Settlements Manager is a key role in a vital, high-growth area of the SMS business. The position holder will be required to manage and control all operational activities within the department including the Data Collection, Data Aggregation and Meter Operator business areas, both HH and NHH. This role will also encompass all personnel related matters, customer management and internal and external reporting. A significant part of the role will be ensuring that the business is trading at the required level, maintaining a strong P&L focus, developing new business and guiding the department through continuing growth
- Manage all day-to-day operations of Data Settlements department
- Responsible for the compliance with external codes of practice and the success of the relevant audits
- Manage P&L for Data Settlements department
- Ensure department meets strict operational and industry targets and compliance
- Consider, develop and implement new business processes to further meet operational requirements
- Management reporting
- Handle all personnel related matters within department including recruitment requirements and staff training and development
- Work closely with Metering Services department, Data Systems and other relevant departments across the Group
Skills and Experience Required:
- Proven experience managing a fast-paced reporting-based department
- Managing a P&L
- Experience of monthly reporting on department objectives and financial results
- Experience negotiating contracts with both Customers and Suppliers
- Strong IT skills particularly Excel
- Knowledge of meters and communication methods is desirable
- Electricity Metering Industry and/or Data Industry knowledge
This position is based at the company's Data Services Division in Wentloog, in Cardiff. Travelling to other offices and to supplier and customer premises for meetings will be required from time-to-time.
The standard hours of work are 08:30am - 17:00pm Monday to Friday with an hour for lunch.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range is from £34,000 to £43,000 per annum and is dependent on relevant experience.
In addition to the salary, the company offer an impressive list of benefits which include the following: Share Incentive Plan / Annual Company Bonus / Company Pension Scheme / 28 days holiday rising to 33 days (including Bank Holidays) / Car Share Scheme / Child Care Vouchers/ Death in Service / Fitness Classes / Reward Scheme/ Cycle to Work / Sick Pay / Free Eye Test
This role is initially offered on a 12 month fixed term contract to cover maternity but further opportunities for a permanent contract will become available.
How to Apply:
If you think you meet the criteria set out above for this position and want to apply to join this exciting business please send an up-to-date CV and cover letter stating relevant experience via the apply button on this page.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications received, only successful candidates will be contacted. If you haven’t heard anything within 7 days of your application then I’m afraid that you will not have been shortlisted on this occasion. Your details will be kept on file for future opportunities.
SG Recruitment Services is a professional and dedicated recruitment business offering a wide range of expert and bespoke recruitment services within the commercial sector.