Kitchen Sales Designer
Howdens Joinery Clitheroe, Lancashire
Closing date for applicants is Friday 3rd March 2017
Summary of the Role
To plan, design and sell, with the aid of computer aided designs (CAD), the full range of Howden Joinery products, with the objective of achieving and exceeding depot and Company sales and growth targets. You will be based at the Clitheroe Depot.
Why work for us?
At Howdens we invest in our people and provide thorough on the job training and excellent career progression opportunities. We have been awarded a place in the top 25 Best Companies to Work for in the Sunday Times for recognition of excellence in the workplace.
Howdens Joinery, a trade only business with over 600 depots, has built a reputation that builders can trust through offering best local price and providing product from local stock. Our unbeatable service and product has led to us becoming a market leader, which is why we were awarded the Royal Warrant of Appointment to Her Majesty the Queen 2015 for our quality and excellence. Despite its scale, Howdens remains a local business with traditional values.
- Plan, design and sell kitchens using the Company’s range of products.
- Visit sites to carry out surveys and discuss the customer's needs
- You will use the Fusion 20/20 CAD system to present kitchen designs and ideas to customers in the showroom design suite
- You will use a computer system to manually provide kitchen quotes
- You will be contracted to work 44 hours per week. ( Mon - Fri 8am-5pm, Saturday 8am-12pm)
- During the sale period (October) you will required to work extra hours which will be rewarded with increased bonus
- You will share the workload with the second kitchen designer at the Clitheroe depot
- Previous kitchen design experience is essential
- Previous sales experience in a similar role is essential
- You must be a sales person. Designing kitchens is the easy bit, selling them is the part that requires a natural sales person!
- Proven track record of hitting/exceeding personal targets is essential
- Previous fitting/joinery experience would be advantageous but not essential
- You will be required to have a reliable vehicle of your own, travel expenses will be reimbursed. Business insurance is required
- You must be a team player, willing to work hard to hit depot targets each month
- Excellent customer service skills
- Planning and organising skills
- A desire for continuous personal and professional development
In return for your hard work and commitment you will be rewarded with some great benefits, which include:
- Competitive starting basic salary (£19,000 - £21,000 depending on experience)
- Monthly bonus on top of basic salary, making OTE between £23,000 - £27,000
- Annual pay increase of £1000 until a basic salary of £27,000 is reached
- A friendly working environment with an experienced, fun team
- Matched contribution pension scheme
- Team incentives and outings including go-karting, bowling, trips abroad and meals
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 26 days after 5 years
- Staff discount on Howdens products
- Share awards and prize draws
Please do not apply for this job unless you have previous kitchen planning and sales experience. Joiners/kitchen fitters looking to start a career in kitchen sales will also be considered.
Closing date for applicants is Friday 3rd March 2017. Please either apply through Reed or call into the depot with your CV. Please note if we find the right candidate before the closing date, we may close the job advert