Field Service Engineer - Laundry
Who are JLA?
The JLA story began in 1973 when we started out as a family run commercial laundry business; we've experienced rapid growth since and are now proud to be the UK's number-one commercial laundry and catering solution provider working closely with tens of thousands of organisations as their partner of choice. And we're still growing.
We are currently looking to recruit a Field Service Engineer for our Laundry division to undertake the service and repair of commercial laundry equipment for a varied range of customers and industry sectors. The work will be service contract work, upgrades, repairs, service and fault finding and will therefore require you to travel to see various customers in your region. You'll therefore need to be service focused.
- The role will involve fault finding, service and repair on commercial laundry equipment
- You must be comfortable to work within a variety of customer premises, from care homes to hotels, restaurants, schools, government buildings and corporate clients
- The role is home based, and as a result of this your location can be flexible - you will therefore receive your parts via our Royal Mail delivery service both to your home address and via a nominated pick up point / drop box
- You must carry out regular stock management of carried parts
- Work is scheduled daily through your work tablet and smartphone
- Your safety and the safety of those around you is critical; it is essential that you have the correct attitude toward safety
- To support the Company in securing more potential sales business, by spotting and submitting engineer leads for either new contracts or machinery
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure alignment of business objectives and drive essential behavioural and process change
- Drive the implementation of engineering best practice processes, procedures and tools that maximise effectiveness and efficiency
- To handle any challenging situations with customers in a professional and courteous manner at all times - you are the face of JLA to our customers and will be expected to act as such.
- An assertive individual who is confident in a professional manner to work with both internal and external customers daily
- To understand and fully use our jobs booking system - computer literacy is therefore a key requirement
- Flexible and responsive, a demonstrable ability to work to a task schedule and see them to conclusion, managing change as it arises
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with strong listening, questioning, explaining and feedback capability to support strong customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the capability to build strong relationships, work collaboratively, handle sensitivity effectively and resolve conflict in a professional and positive manner
- Hardworking and methodical individual
- Personally well organised, a good planner with structured problem solving and decision making ability, with a resilient and "can-do" attitude
- Self-motivated by targets and with excellent time management, planning and prioritising capability
- Full driving licence required.
- Geographically flexible with the ability to travel across a regional area will be required in order to perform the role effectively
- Over-night stays away from home may be required
- Regular visits to Ripponden (Head Office) will be expected
- Weekend work on a rota basis (typically 1 in 5) is required in this role
- Need to be flexible with working hours; overtime and additional hours will be required on occasion in order to fulfill the role and customer requirements.