Mechanical and Electrical Services Technician
Our well established client, based in Norwich, is looking for a Mechanical and Electrical Services Technician to join the team for an 18 month FTC.
The successful candidate will be line managed by the Electrical Engineering Supervisor and will work closely with the Electrical and Mechanical Services teams.
The successful candidate will be part a small team of electrical engineers/technicians.
- Maintenance, defect investigation, rectification, modification and installation of electrical building services and plant in lab buildings, glasshouses, CERs and support areas, at technician level.
- Feasibility investigations, outline design and cost-estimating of new works and alterations (including labour), and producing schedules of materials signatory.
- Deputise for Section Leader as required during periods of absence.
- Assisting the Section leader with development and management of Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM), to include development of electronic PPM system. Production of site surveys, plant schedules and asset registers as required.
- Technical support and assistance to other staff within the mechanical team, and across trade boundaries to other staff.
- Supervision of specialist contractors and other staff on request.
- Produce PC-generated reports or spreadsheets relating to the Section.
- Assist Section leader with management of annual maintenance contracts.
The desired candidate will ideally have an apprenticeship in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience and training. You will have a good working knowledge of legislative requirements relating to electrical services (17th edition IEE wiring regulations) and will ideally have previous experience in the installation, repair and maintenance of electrical and or mechanical plant and equipment, within a production environment.
You will have good computer skills (Microsoft Office -word, Excel and outlook) along with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
For further details of this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I’m afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd