Quantity Surveyor - Façades
Singh & Jones have teamed with one of the UK’s leading specialist glazing & cladding as they have an opening for a Façade Quantity Surveyor.
Our client is a well-established designer and manufacturer specialising in the supply of quality products with a strong focus on excellence and commitment. With state of the art equipment and continued investment in the machinery, their skilled team can produce products of the highest recognised quality proven with fenestration projects ranging from £50,000 to £3 million being managed and facilitated from our premises and an expected turnover of £20,000,000 this year.
As the Façade Quantity Surveyor for my client you will be reporting directly to the Commercial Manager of the company and will be tasked with roles and responsibilities such as;
- Being able to provide commercial support to the Design team and Contract staff
- Prepare final accounts and contract charges
- Prepare valuations for interim application for payment
- Be able to prepare budget costs and process for contract variations
- Remeasuring Bills of Quantities
- Ensuring that contract cashflow is constantly maintained
- Liaise with Senior Quantity Surveyor/Commercial manager regarding contract accounts
- Checking material sizes and quantities for procurement
- Setting up and maintaining contract files
- Preparing turnover and profit forecasts
The ideal candidate will have great numeracy and communication skills, both written and oral. Can organise workloads by own initiative and make sure work is done on time to a high standard. Have a degree/HND or equivalent ideally in Quantity Surveying and have experience in the façade sector. Likewise, it is an advantage for those who have experience in a related sector to the industry such as roofing, glazing or cladding.
The machinery is not the only thing my client invests in, they are also well known to invest in their employees too. This is a great opportunity for growth not only in your skills but in your career too. If you feel as though you could accomplish all tasks stated well, that you can fit in to a highly skilled team and you also want to progress in your career as a Quantity Surveyor with a company that is constantly growing with you, then do not hesitate to get in contact.