Electrical Instrumentation Technician
Due to their progressive growth, our client, a global leader in powertrain design, test and manufacture, has an opportunity for an Electrical Instrumentation Technician to join their Northampton site. You will be working with tier 1 clients, such as Bentley, Audi, JLR and BMW, in an organisation that will support you in pushing your career to the next level, whilst not compromising the work life balance, which is reflected in their unrivalled benefits package.
Your duties will include:
- Primarily dealing with set-up work & Breakdowns to electrical & instrumentation systems
- Contribute to the design of electrical/electronic instrumentation & control equipment
- Build, install & commission equipment and produce formal documentation of system or process
- Install and set up instrumentation and control equipment based on a good technical understanding
- Maintain and repair instrumentation and control equipment, including PC systems
- Asset recording and allocation
- Calibrate sensors and other equipment
- Identify opportunities to improve processes or procedures relevant to the business requirements
- Support I&C Engineers in the upgrade of the instrumentation and control equipment
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join an industry leading organisation, whilst being responsible for furthering the development of new engine technology. The successful candidate will ideally have:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a test facility environment, preferably relating to engines, rigs, vehicles or aerospace.
- Experience and good broad knowledge of and ability to work with complex electrical and electronic instrumentation and electromechanical equipment.
- Good problem solving / route cause analysis skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure to priority and time constraints.
The successful candidate will receive a salary of up to £30k per year, plus benefits, depending on experience.