Care Coordinator - Croydon
We are actively looking for a Care Coordinator to join our Homecare team in Croydon to coordinate care workers working out in the community.
Purpose of the role/job description:
- To support the Branch Manager/ Team Leader/ Care Manager in the delivery of a high quality care service with responsibility for the deployment and management of care workers
- To ensure the contractual KPI’s are being met and implemented
- To champion the Medacs Healthcare brand, whilst promoting our vision and values
- To create a seamless service for our Service Users
Key result area:
- Responsibility for ensuring all care workers are fully briefed before commencing a care package.
- Responsibility for care worker rotas; creating consistent and stable rotas via zones and mini zones and ensuring rotas are produced and communicated in a timely fashion.
- Responsibility of ensuring accurate availability are assigned to all care workers on the Coldharbour system
- Responsibility for ensuring all service users are kept fully up to date on any care worker changes, be it temporary or permanent
- Manage time-keeping and absences of the care workforce.
- Develop a commercial relationship with service managers, social workers and brokerages.
- Ensure that all service users/clients are contacted via a monitoring telephone call on a monthly/quarterly basis and recorded on Coldharbour.
- Ensure that all service users/clients and care worker files are up to date, scanned onto Coldharbour and any relevant information recorded on appropriate section of Coldharbour.
- Carry out monitoring functions such as service users/clients satisfaction telephone calls and service users/clients review visits.
- Ensure that all complaints and concerns reported through events, recorded on the computer record and the complaints procedure is followed.
- Be fully aware of all contractual requirements as detailed in agreements with relevant local authorities/private clients.
- Ensure you are working to and meeting all contract KPIs, identifying any areas for improvement, creating and implementing action plans where necessary
- Work closely with the Recruitment Team/Registered Branch Manager to review candidate attraction/candidate flow, through workforce planning.
- Maximise sales and gross margin through new and existing contracts / clients, efficient servicing of contracts/private clients, and ensuring all relevant Terms of Business and payment terms are issued
- Ensure at least 90% of rotas are templated.
- Ensure no unfilled packages are handed over to Out of Hours and appropriate handover occurs with up to date information
- Ensure all service users are assigned the necessary PINs to move them into ECM systems promptly and care workers use the electronic monitoring (contract specific).
- Ensure payroll/invoice requests/queries are dealt with accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assist with preparation of timesheets, ensuring the care plan and timesheet match and that authorisation is gained immediately from the local authority/client if they do not match
- Complete care calls within the community if required
Care Worker Supervisions/Appraisals:
- Work with the SQA to ensure all care staff and temporary care workers receive supervision/appraisal at least three monthly to review their standards of practice and identify training needs and development and communicated to the Training Team
- Ensure all care worker records are fully maintained.
- Ensure patch meetings occur on a regular basis.
- Annual appraisal with relevant information fed back to Registered Branch Manager and SQA as required.
- To identify domiciliary care workers that would be appropriate for NVQ/QCF placement and advise the training team.
- To understand and attend relevant training which is deemed necessary to the post, in order to enhance skills and service delivery.
- To understand and comply fully to all company policies, procedures and guidelines.
- To provide evening, weekend and bank holiday out of hours support facility on an agreed basis or as required. E.g. Out of hour’s facility normally operates between the hours of Mon - Fri 18.00 - 23.00, Weekends and Bank Holidays 07.00 - 23.00.
If you are looking for a new challenge and it's your passion to help vulnerable adults please contact us without delay.
Medacs Healthcare are committed to providing services which embrace diversity and promotes equality of opportunity