Our Client a firm of wealth management and financial planning business, focussed on helping clients to understand and plan for their financial future.Primary areas of advice are pensions planning (PPP to SIPP transfers, Drawdown, OPS, DB, EPP) and investment planning (ISAs, OEICs, VCT, EIS, Structured Products, Trusts) CGT and IHT planning. Experience in all these fields would be essential for this role.
Purpose of role:
To provide extensive technical support to the Managing Director
- Manage the planning workflow
- Receive and implement requests from the Managing Director
- Gather and record client data
- Prepare reports to a professional and timely standard
- Provide information for annual reviews and identify areas not covered
- Communicate with selected clients (face to face or remote) and third parties
- Develop and maintain all processes relevant to technical support
- Delegate and communicate clearly with technical and client support
- Undertake financial planning and product-based research
- Operate within the compliance and corporate standards of the business
- Undertake appropriate professional development and training
- Report on key measures on a regular basis
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- High level of technical knowledge
- Ability to use technical financial planning tools, financial modelling and back office software: Morningstar, FE Analytics, Selectapension, Voyant
- Ability to use back office systems: Intelligent Office (IO) and Virtual Cabinet (our document management system)
- Clear understanding of an adviser`s role
Package offered for this Senior Paraplanner role:
Salary £40-45K (negotiable for the right candidate)25 days holiday per annumDeath in Service SchemeIncome Protection SchemeSimply Health Benefits PackageAuto enrolment pension schemeFree Parking at the office
The successful candidate must be able to drive as we are in modern offices in a semi-rural location in the Surrey Hills between Dorking and Guildford. We are a busy office with what I would consider to be a low turnover of staff.
Our main criteria for this role is that the candidate is qualified, experienced and with excellent product and technical knowledge as per the job spec. The role is supporting the Managing Director (who is a business owner and adviser) so the successful candidate would need to be at the top of their game and to be able to hit the ground running (with appropriate in house training of course). The successful candidate would work as part of a team consisting of the adviser, the paraplanner and an admin support team member.