MMP Consultancy are currently working with a Large Housing Association in the heart of London who are seeking qualified and experienced Quantity Surveyors.
If you are looking for the next step within your career and have the drive, ambition and focus to push forward in this position and work from your own initiative.
- Identify spending trends within the Reactive and Planned Maintenance departments to highlight over spend / under spend.
- Manage contractors financial output in comparison to the quality of the work achieved and against what was in the original contracts.
- Nullify any overspend by ensuring the internal members of staff are managing the financial expenditure of each contract.
- Have a technical understanding in order to perform these duties acutely and effectively.
- Create reports for contract negotiations and re-tenders of specific areas of the business, becoming more efficient and cost effective.
- Identify quality of materials and subsequent working hours associated with individual projects to raise the calibre of works.
- Be the internal drive in order to set the contracts apart from other organisations, making them work for the client and to deliver the best for the tenant.
This position will require a level of technical understanding from the perspective of a repairs and planned maintenance building surveyor and the cost reconciliation and schedule of rates experience of a Quantity Surveyor.
It is a fantastic opportunity to develop into a more rounded Quantity Surveyor or to take the first step into a Public Sector organisation from university however will require minimum of two years practical experience and a strong personality.