Production Office Job Controller / Scheduler (Days)
Summary of role: We are currently looking for an experienced Job Controller / Scheduler to join our team of highly skilled engineers. Recent growth from new projects has created this opportunity.
The Business was established over 70 years ago and specialise in the manufacture of precision, quality components that are supplied direct to various sectors including Aerospace, automotive and oil and gas. Design and build of Special Purpose Machines and fixturing are key projects that support the machine shop.
In this role you will be responsible initially to an existing Project Manager but be expected to work with staff at all levels within the company.
The ideal candidate should be 'time served’ and ideally hold a mechanical engineering qualification. They should be capable of working to AS9100 and ISO9001 quality standards and have previous experience of working in a busy subcontracting environment.
Progression to position as a Project Manager position is possible as experience grows.
- Assist with preparation of job packs.
- Preparation of Quotations.
- Chasing quotes.
- Assist with obtaining material prices for quote.
- Load Structures and Routing data to ERP.
- Liaise with Production to organize smooth work flow.
- Assist with Production Office Administration.
- Previous experience of working with ERP or MRP systems.
- Mechanical engineering machining experience.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Good general understanding of Word and Outlook.
- Experience of dealing with Customers.
- Understanding of Spread Sheets.
- Excellent communication skills.
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Permanent with a 12 worked week probation period.
Contracted Hours: 8am-5pm Monday - Thursday 8am -1pm Friday