Senior Medical Writer
Medical writer needed asap for a city centre organisation
Your new company
An industry leader in communications are looking for both medical and senior medical writers to join their team on a permanent basis. This organisation prides itself on building strong relationships with both clinical and scientific experts and is based in Oxford city centre.
Your new role
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced medical writer. Duties within the role will include;
- Generate science-based content for review by the relevant Director e.g Agendas, Manuscripts, posters, abstracts, slide sets, review papers, publication plans, strategic communication plans, product and/or disease messages
- Understanding the client's strategic objectives relating to the products
- Ensure understanding of brief from client and what's required to achieve the desired outcomes
- Develop/further develop scientific expertise and knowledge in relevant therapy areas
- Develop effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and provide scientific support to them in order to successfully deliver projects
- Ensure the quality of all science-based materials matches the organisations standards
- Ensure all work is edited and proof-read for accuracy, consistency and style before it is sent to the client
- Sense-check materials generated by freelancers and, on request, Directors
- Take responsibility for the quality of science-based content of final deliverables provided to clients
- Budget management and responsibility
- International/UK based travel will be required in this role
What you'll need to succeed
You must have previous experience as a medical writer, have excellent interpersonal skills and be confident presenting to clients.
What you'll get in return
A competitive benefits package including 28 days annual leave, pension, employee voucher scheme, city centre location.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.