Our client, a prestigious travel company has enlisted our expertise to recruit for a Sales Consultant to join their team in Ely. The ideal candidate will have previous sales experience, in a target focused environment. There will be training provided to ensure the candidates know the product, but the candidate will need to be driven, autonomous and pro-active. This is a part-time role, 30 hours per week in a 4 day week. The candidate should be flexible to work on a shift basis. The salary is between £14k - £15k Pro Rota, with a very generous commission and benefit package.
- To be the external face of the company offering advice face to face and also on the phone
- To communicate professionally with customers and provide exceptional service
- To have a keen eye for keeping customer facing merchandise up to date and sales focused to encourage customer enquiries and sales
- To promote your store through leafleting and other marketing activities to generate sales
- To work as a supportive member of a small team to ensure targets are achieved
- To learn our products and be able to describe features and benefits to customers depending on their needs
- To maximise sales and the customers holiday experience by suggesting upgrades and additional products
- Driven to meet and exceed personal sales targets
- To always be looking for innovative ways to generate new business
- To be flexible to cover other stores when needed
- Experience in retail/ sales
- Experience in target-focused environment
- It is essential you have proven commission based sales experience (travel related would be an advantage)
- Experience working in a customer facing sales role
- Experience of pro active sales - leafleting/promotional work
- Good numerical skills with ability to manually calculate holiday costs without error
- An ability to take ownership and to work on your own with little or no supervision at times.
- To have excellent communication skills
- Confident, enthusiastic and persuasive sales person
Hours of Work
- 30 hours per week on a shift basis including evenings and weekends
- £14,500 - £15,000 per annum plus commission and benefits (pro-rata for part time hours) £11,200 for 30 hour week.
- 5 Week training period
- Contributory pension
- Flight benefits - After passing their probation period of 6 months
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.