Mechanical Design Engineer
WHY? Opportunity to work with a GENUINE MARKET LEADER within their field within an INTERESTING AND VARIED ROLE. The roles have been created due to an EXPANSION OF THE HEADCOUNT within their South Wales site and the company have a reputation for EXCELLENCE WITHIN THEIR FIELD dealing with MULTI-MILLION POUND PROJECTS GLOBALLY.
What can we offer?
Salary of up to £35,000 (dependent on experience)
Generous pension scheme.
About the Mechanical Design Engineer
You will report in to a Design Manager onsite and will split your time between the office and shop floor environments. The role will focus on the interpretation of the client requirements and utilsiing good DFM (Design For Manufacture) skills work to seamlessly introduce products into manufacture taking into account factors such as cost and timescale.
As the Mechanical Design Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Interpret customer requirements and translate this into an item that can be manufactured
- Develop robust product designs and capable manufacturing processes
- Working in partnership with customers, designers, manufacturing engineers, procurement and production to develop and introduce new products (NPD & NPI)
- The Mechanical Design Engineer will also be involved in the development of prototypes
- Use of 3D CAD (Inventor) to design products
- Create all of the information required to manufacture the product
About you and what you will need:
- Previous experience of working within a design based role within a manufacturing environment is required
- Must hold a relevant mechanical / design qualification (ideally a minimum of HND level)
- The Mechanical Design Engineer must have 3D CAD skills ideally with Inventor
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD is also required
- Experience of designing utilsiing sheet metal or fabricated parts is needed
- Must have experience and knowledge of Design For Manufacture (DFM) processes
- A knowledge of FMEA processes is desirable
- Experience of undertaking customer facing elements as part of your role is desirable
- A knowledge or understanding of architectural drawings is desirable
- Must have excellent communication skills in both written and verbal formats
- Good problem solving skills are required
- Must be proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office applications
- The ability and willingness to travel within the UK as part of the role on occasion is needed
We will contact you within 2 working days if your CV is relevant for the position.