Resident Medical Officer (RMO) SPR Critical Care Doctor - London
On behalf of a prestigious client, sjb medical are recruiting for Resident Medical Officers - equivalent to NHS junior doctor ST3 and above SPR Registrar level in Critical care.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in an award winning clinic specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. This is a permanent employment contract - part time or full time hours considered. Shifts 12 or 24 hour onsite.
The role of the Resident Medical Officer is to work as part of the Resident Medical Officer team in the Critical Care Units. You will be involved in Registrar level clinical duties and will play a vital role in managing the medical care, working closely with Consultants to ensure that patients’ treatment and care needs are met.
- You will oversee day to day management of patients in the Adult ITU, ensure these patients are assessed daily, receive all admissions, participate in patient management with primary consultants as directed by him/her.
- Perform Clinical Care procedures such as endotraqueal intubations, lines and chest drain insertions when required.
- Perform assessment on inpatient referred to the critical care service, perform outreach rounds, assess acutely unwell patients in the hospital and complete administrative tasks such as updating patient notes, discharge summaries and prescribing medications relevant to treatment.
- The role requires management of Critical Care patients levels 1 - 3 including those with multi organ failure, requiring cardiopulmonary support including intubation, ventilation and management of arrhythmias.
- Funded Study Leave for relevant training; regular job review and appraisals
- Guaranteed annual salary review
- Private pension
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy or sell up to five days annual leave)
- Life Assurance (equivalent to two times your annual salary)
- Season ticket loan (of up to the value of £10,000)
- Continuous Training
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide medical cover, routine and emergency during hours of duty and to act, as may be reasonably required, on instructions given by the consultants and specialist nursing regarding patients’ management in the Critical Care Units.
- To be part of an Outreach Team that provides immediate first line assessment and resuscitation for critically ill patients throughout the hospital
- Undertake a daily ward round with a member of the nursing staff and / or Consultant Specialist ensuring patients are visited where appropriate
- Admit and clerk patients, take blood samples as requested, countersign any drug instructions given by the consultants over the telephone and satisfy requirements of Medication Policy throughout the hospital
- Undertake certain routine medical procedures as required such as; venepuncture, setting up an intravenous infusion, inserting a urinary catheter, arterial blood sampling, or ECGs
Skills & Experience:
- Management of acute related emergencies
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- Fully registered with the GMC and current licence to practice
- SPR/Registrar Level practice experience essential in Critical Care
- Evidence of achievement of Foundation competences from a UKFPO affiliated Foundation Programme
- Evidence of successful completion of CT/ST1 & 2 training/competences
- Post holder must hold current ALS certificate
About The Individual
Working in this role would be ideal for a Junior Doctor who aspires to have a consultant career in Critical Care. This opportunity will provide pre CMT valuable experience working with world renowned specialist consultants, pioneering private practice treatments and medical advancements in complex care.
To find out more about this opportunity and how to apply, please get in contact with SJB Medical directly or simply click Apply and provide us with your most up to date CV for consideration.