Management Accountant - Top 20 firm
The Outsourcing team of this growing Top 20 firm in the City has a number of positions for experienced Management Accountants who are keen to be a part of something very exciting. You will take on full responsibility for your own client portfolio, performing a variety of business activities and sizes with the aim of working together to provide businesses and their owners with the support they need to achieve their goals.
If you have experience of Management Accounting in a practice environment and are keen to take on larger clients and more responsibility then this could be an excellent career move for you. There is a clear route to progression at this firm with a fantastic working atmosphere too.
- Preparation of Management Accounts.
- Preparation of Year end accounts to 1st draft stages.
- Building up strong and commercial relationships with a wide variety of clients in a range of industries.
- Communicating with and dealing with any queries from clients, including attending their premises when required.
- Reconciliation of control accounts - Bank, purchase ledger, sales ledger, PAYE, wages etc.
- Journal entries.
- Calculation and posting of accruals and prepayments.
- Preparation of VAT returns and associated legislation returns, including cash accounting and partial exemption.
- Ability to communicate confidently with the firm's Partners/Managers regarding your clients.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience/understanding of working with clients across a broad range of sectors and industries.
- A strong team ethic and a desire to be part of a positve and growing team
- Competent with manual and computerised bookkeeping.
- Able to produce accounts for sole traders and partnerships.
- Clear and confident communication techniques and ability to feedback to all members of staff.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to manage time to meet deadlines.
- Good IT skills including confidence with using Sage Line 50 and Excel.
- Online software experience across a diverse range of packages is advantageous.
Applicants must have recently been responsible for dealing with a substantial client portfolio, and will have gained their experience through working in Practice.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.