Purpose of the role
- Reporting directly to the Retail Display Solutions Design Manager, they will be developing concept designs from renders to technical drawings. Using their knowledge of the materials and manufacturing techniques to come up with the most cost effective solutions whilst maintaining the initial design integrity.
- To convert conceptual design into technical drawings suitable for mass manufacture based on budgets and quantities required
- To conduct risk assessments and quality reports on all units that are manufactured before delivery to the end user.
- Value engineer existing designs and provide cost saving solutions
- Liaising with factories where necessary to ensure accurate briefing and quality expectations are understood
- To support the quality control process during manufacture via supplier visits.
- Being abreast of the latest materials and processes to ensure the display is produced efficiently while fulfilling any specific client environmental and social responsibility requirements
- Ensuring that the specification matches the logistical needs of the roll out programme
- Life cycle evaluation
- Working closely with project management to ensure that the entire route to market has been considered.
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification
- Significant experience dealing with major clients semi-permanent and permanent POP materials
- Proven ability within design
- Experience within retail, FMCG and shopfit design and manufacture.
- Ability to create concept design and concept visualization.
Job Closes 22/02/2016