Group Management Accountant
One of Devon's leading brands is looking for a Group Management Accountant to develop best practice reporting and drive performance throughout the group..
The Group Management Accountant is responsible for all aspects of Group accounting, consolidation, reporting, tax and treasury across all companies. This includes daily, weekly and monthly accounting procedures. Strong treasury, cash flow management and forecasting is critical as the Group expands.
- Developing and implementing accounting policy; monitoring daily performance; controlling and managing the budget and forecasting process.
- Preparation and consolidation of Group month end results - P&L, Cashflow, Balance Sheet, KPIs and Board Packs to Group reporting deadlines
- Drive good accounting practice, accuracy and consistency in reporting across all Group companies
- Review effectiveness of internal controls covering financial and operational compliance as well as implementing Financial Controls and Procedures in a growing business
- Assist with the development and maintenance of a Monthly Management Information Pack including variance analysis to drive business performance
- Provide ad hoc technical accounting support across the Group
- Oversee the reporting of intercompany loans across the Group
- Preparation of Group and UK company year-end statutory accounts and manage the annual audit process
- Responsible for the effective coaching and development of 2 Financial (Site) accountants to ensure they are progressing and working to the highest standards. Build and mentor the Central Finance function as the business expands
- Review and approve daily revenue reconciliations provided by each site
- Prepare accurate and timely management reporting pack for operational and executive management, including consolidation
- Support the preparation of reporting packs for Board Meetings and external stakeholders such as lenders
- Ensure all VAT, PAYE, corporation tax and any other taxes are provided for, submitted correctly and payments made on time
- Implement and standardise and required policies and procedures across sites and Group companies
- Assist with development of the budget and capital expenditure programme
- You will ideally be trained in the profession or trained in industry with a strong financial reporting background (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- You will hold strong interpersonal skills as you'll be dealing with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Intermediate Excel skills (VLOOKUPS and Pivot Tables)
£40,000 - £45,000 + benefits
What’s on offer
For the successful candidate this position will offer a competitive salary and bonus package. If this role sounds of interest to you, please get in touch with an updated CV and we can arrange a discussion.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful Element Recruitment is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Element Recruitment will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.