Sous Chef - Gastro Pub with Rooms - Southwark Area
Sous Chef - Gastro Pub with Rooms - Near Waterloo
A marvellous pub and hotel, our client is superbly located for business or pleasure. 30 well-appointed rooms provide the best value accommodation in the Southwark area, while the pub downstairs serves up delicious fresh food and great ale.
- Salary: £24,000 - £25,000 per annum + Tips
- 28 days Holiday a year
- Chef Whites provided
- Meals on duty
- Scholarships & Training if required
- 15% discounts in all their pubs
As deputy to the Head Chef, you'll take full control of the kitchen when they're away. It's a great opportunity to make a real impact, and prove yourself ready to step up to the Head Chef role.
And you'll be supported every step of the way by a team of talented Executive Chefs and the company's training team to help you to develop your career.
You'll need to be a talented chef with passion for fresh food and a love of kitchen camaraderie. You'll be able to bring the best out in others - and you'll take immense pride in every successful service.
Other key characteristics:
- Passion for detail and presentation
- Ideal next step for a Junior Sous Chef with at least 2 years' experience
- An extensive knowledge of seasonal produce and cooking techniques
- Calm and well mannered & communication skill
- A proven track record in high volume pubs would be preferred
- You must thrive under pressure
- You should be able to lead a team
- You'll set yourself the highest standards
If you would like more information about the roles or you would like to be one of the first to apply, then please submit your CV to us via the advert or do not hesitate to call the office on and ask for Graham.
Due to the high level of response only candidates with the relevant experience will be contacted - Thank you for your application
Check Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and as an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.