Bid Team Manager
- Provider of Nationwide employability and skills based services with a strong reputation of delivery excellence and growth
- Require a Bid Team Manager to provide direction, management and support in the pursuance and winning of contracts whilst leading the activities of the Bidding Team and delegate / allocate tasks to team members ensuring effective and efficient support is provided to the divisions.
- Individuals with a strong background in grant-fueled bid writing (especially within the local authority space) are encouraged to apply.
Salary: Up to £50000
Location: National Remit (Lancashire, Yorkshire)
Contract: 12 Month's Full Time, Fixed Term
Parkhouse Bell is delighted to be working for one of the country's most dynamic providers of employbility and skills-based services who have a requirement for a Bid Team Manager to join the team on a 12 month's fixed term basis.
As Bid Team Manager you will provide direction, management and support in the pursuance and winning of contracts on behalf of the company. You will manage the activities of the Bidding Team by delegating / allocating tasks to team members ensuring effective and efficient support is provided to the divisions, and effectively line manage and ensure the professional development of the Bidding Team.
Key Responsibilities include (but are not limited to:)
- Day-to-day management of own and team activities, providing support for identified business development and bidding opportunities.
- Ownership of Bid Writing as part of bidding activities
- To lead and / or support selected bidding and business development opportunities, undertaking the research and completion of EOI, PQQ and ITT opportunities as required, to maximise the chances of success.
- To support bid / no bid recommendations to the business and provide direction and management into the completion of bids through their various stages. This should be in accordance with the agreed governance processes and good practice.
- To effectively manage the approval and governance process within the business as per the agreed Bid Process.
- To identify, review and filter the various bid opportunities that are provided through the various 'tracker’ sources used in the business.
- To maintain a record of every opportunity and bid on the business development tracker such that the production of various reports, KPIs etc on personal, business and group pipeline and bids can be produced.
- To liaise with the Procurement team regarding subcontractor procurement in line with relevant funding body requirements e.g. invitation to tender guidance and funding body standards: DWP Code of Conduct, Merlin Standard etc.
- To deliver the agreed bid strategy that is derived from the business development strategy and ensures that the key messages / win themes are present in the bid document.
- Input into the production of the bid’s technical, financial and contractual components and for the editorial quality of the bid documents.
We are looking for a strong Bid Professional with experience in the following areas:
- Experience bidding within the local authority space
- Grant Fueled Bid Writing
- Bidding within the LEPs and/or Skills arena (example: SFA)
Specific skills must include:
- Understanding of Public Sector Procurement, Education and Government practices.
- Proven ability to write winning bids from the end to end process
- Experience of leading and supporting business development / bid opportunities.
- Proven ability to analyse intelligence to identify trends, issues, concepts and opportunities.