The PPC Manager oversees all paid and unpaid online media activity (paid search, affiliates, organic search). This is very much a 'hands on’ role requiring the individual to not only plan but directly implement PPC and Google Shopping advertising campaigns. This role is also responsibile for creating the right mix of spend and resource between channels, for creating a programme of activities to maximise returns, and for hiring and managing the right group of individuals, software and agencies to meet company demands.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- Total Website Sessions / Revenue, in particular:
- Reactive (PPC, Shopping, SEO)
- Commissioned (Affiliates, Partnerships)
- Online Marketing Costs:
- Paid Search (PPC, Shopping) ROAS
- Commissioned ROAS
- PPC Quality Score
To increase sessions across all mediums to the Baker Ross UK and International websites and grow revenue. To own the PPC, Shopping and Affiliate budget, objectives and goals and to lead the search team and international team regarding traffic.
A) Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Marketing
- Delivery of strategic workplan for website sessions (across all mediums)
- Creation of sales promotion budget and forecast
- Ensuring that monthly spend is set to maximize profit
- Optimisation of Google and Bing PPC Accounts to drive qualified paid traffic to Baker Ross’ international sites to maximise ROI/Traffic/Revenue through Paid Search, Google Shopping Remarketing
- Able to write and maintain Adwords automation scripts
- Ensure integration with other marketing channels through promoting the latest promotional offers
- Manage regular reporting to key internal stakeholders against key KPIs and suggest optimisation improvements
- Regular analysis to identify new paid media trends, opportunities and markets
- Ensure all campaigns are up to date with latest stocked products via product feeds to ensure maximum visibility across the different paid media channels
- Working closely with international teams to establish strategies and objectives as well as providing day to day support
- Ensure the latest technology is rolled out across our platforms
- Ensure cannibalisation of SEO visits do not occur
- Work with the Ecommerce Director to review and set bid management strategies
B) Google Shopping
- Optimisation of paid search shopping campaigns, product feeds and product inventory data to maximise Traffic/ROAS/Revenue through Google Shopping, Bing Shopping and other relevant shopping channels.
- Management of product inventories and bidding strategies to maximise Traffic/ROAS/Revenue across shopping comparison sites.
- Ensure the latest shopping technology is rolled out across our platforms
C) Search Engine Optimisation (SEO):
- Ensuring compliance with latest search engine best practice guidelines (e.g. Google Webmaster guidelines)
- Ownership and delivery of strategic work plans for SEO
- Regular analysis to identify new SEO trends, opportunities and markets
D) Affiliate Marketing, Partnerships and Facebook Display / Remarketing
- Delivery of affiliate communication and Facebook display / remarketing adverts.
- Ensuring that affiliate and Facebook advertising costs are reconciled against actual performance.
- Liaise with affiliate management agencies to launch and manage promotions and extend our affiliates network.
- Regular analysis to identify new opportunities.
- Work with the Ecommerce Director to research and execute optimisation strategies.
E) English-speaking markets UK, Ireland, Australia and USA
- For all the above, the PPC Manager is responsible for delivering on a worldwide, group level. In addition, this role also looks after the specific UK, Ireland, Australia and USA session (traffic) needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of working in online marketing environment
- 3+ years directly working with PPCs and Google Shopping
- Ability to identify and create new revenue and session opportunities
- Able to communicate complex ideas and concepts across all levels of company
- Strong analytical skills
- Delivers on objectives and goals while keeping to specified budget
- Strong experience with Google Analytics, Google Shopping, Google Adwords, Marin, Kenshoo, Affiliate Marketing and Facebook Advertising.
- A degree in mathematics, statistics is not necessary but is an advantage
- Stay at forefront of online marketing developments
- Research, understand and delivers the latest best practice, use of tools and analytical thinking
- Create and deliver business cases for new areas of investment
- Identify market opportunities and lead team in creating innovative approaches
- Create and lead training sessions for online and broader marketing teams
- Be able to maintain good relationships with external suppliers
The successful candidate may be asked to help with any other online marketing activities as and when required.
Baker Ross Limited (www.bakerross.co.uk) is a market leader in designing and selling a range of children’s arts & crafts product and party bag fillers online. We sell our own branded merchandise on our own websites and on marketplaces globally. The role is based in Harlow, Essex, which is on the Stansted Express Line and has regular fast train services.