Sponsorship Sales Executive - B2B
Lloyd Recruitment Services is working with a leading B2B Publisher on a market leading brand recruiting for a Sponsorship Sales Executive.
If you have a proven record of exceeding sales targets and strong new business and client relationship management skills this could be an excellent opportunity for you.
The Sponsorship Sales Executive will be required to design and sell bespoke marketing and communications campaigns to a wide variety of clients within the given industry. Campaigns will be delivered across any combination of print, digital and events channels and need to demonstrate clear return on investment. The ideal candidate will demonstrate creativity, commercial acumen, and a proven track record of selling profitable multi-platform solutions.
The Sponsorship Sales Executive will be responsible for sponsorship revenue for a portfolio comprising of large conferences and awards.
The successful candidate must be a keen team player, motivated and committed to the overall exhibitor / sponsor experience.
Basic Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
• To work towards and achieve annual revenue targets for sponsorship sales (incl. awards and conferences)
• To achieve KPIs including meeting and call levels
• To develop new business accounts (including FTSE 100 companies)
• To prospect and send proposals to new clients
• To build enduring relationships with key accounts with a strong emphasis on repeat business
• Create and deliver exceptional commercial packages for customers, providing an end-to-end service which ensure unrivalled ROI
• To provide clear communication with customers
• To work with the Sales Director to plan and execute the re-book campaign
• To work closely with other teams including marketing and operations to ensure sponsorship fulfilment
• To develop a thorough understanding of the relevant sectors and remain up to date
• To accurately forecast pipeline
• Ensure the CRM and accounting system is always accurate and up to date
• Contribute to post-show report and debrief meetings
• Create and be accountable for client proposals, contracts and any other documentation or assets, such as mock-ups, according to standards set by the Sales Director
• Be able to look beyond existing platforms where necessary in order to respond effectively to a client’s brief
• Ensure a thorough understanding of client’s objectives including their return on investment (ROI) objectives
• Identify and assess viability of emerging channels that could be monetised as part of a client solutions or support campaign
• UK and European travel as necessary to achieve core objectives.
Minimum Skills & Experience Required:
• Experience of selling to senior decision makers ideally from blue chip or FTSE 100 companies (CEO, MD, senior directors)
• Able to demonstrate experience of selling face to face and selling sponsorship to clients and advertising agencies
• Exceptional sales skills
• Well-developed questioning and probing skills with an analytical approach enabling the interpretation of answers
• Articulate, with the ability to show how our events capabilities align with the needs of the client
• Working experience of effective project management from delivering previous sales packages
• A history of achieving and exceeding sales targets and understanding gross profit margins
• A proven record of developing new business accounts
• A proven record of delivering sponsorship/exhibition packages
• Understanding of event cycles and working with marketing and logistics functions
• Ability to self-manage
• Detailed knowledge of media landscape and sales channels
• Exceptional presentation skills in a face to face environment
• Thorough understanding of campaign measurement tools including panel based surveys, CTRs, unique users, CPA.
• Good understanding of P+L management
• Ability to effectively plan and manage complex work flow.
In return a basic of up to £30,000 + Genuine year one commission of £9,000+