Deputy Head of Business Manager 3-6 month FTC
HMP Northumberland are currently recruiting for a Deputy Head of Business Management.
You will Deputise for and support the Head of Business Management in all key aspects of financial management and controls. You will also be responsible for the management of the finance department for all the business and prisoner financial activities.
HMP Northumberland is the newest addition to the SJS estate. Our aim is to introduce the technology and initiatives that have been so successful in our other prisons whilst providing real work opportunities for prisoners which match those available in the community.Package description
3 - 6 month fixed term contract
£25,000 - £30,000 dependent on experienceMain responsibilities
- Deputise for and support the Head of Business Management in all aspects of functional responsibility including budgets, forecasts & cost centre reporting to Senior Management Team.
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the finance department – providing a support service for the prison operation by working with all internal departments and the management team, helping them to make the right financial decisions & assisting external stakeholders in all business related matters.
- Effectively manage staff in the department and lead on their personal development and performance management.
- Adhere to Sodexo policies and procedures and promote Sodexo values with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain accounting controls and procurement policies, procedures and compliance. Carry out continuous reviews of working practices and processes to ensure efficient and cost effective operations and suggest improvements.
- Prepare monthly financial reports on the Working Prison
- Prepare monthly financial reports and presentation to the SMT.
- Prepare monthly labour reports and variance analysis.
- Analyse financial performance and contributing to the medium and long term strategies in planning budgets and forecast.
- Deputise and make decisions on financial matters and advise on ways of improving performance.
- Ensure spending is kept in line with budgets and forecast.
- Interpret and communicate financial information and data to non-financial managers and colleagues.
- Implement company policies, procedures, risk management, health & safety and internal controls.
- Work with central business shared service accounting team on all aspects of the monthly accounts preparation and reconciliations.
- Fully/Part qualified accountant studying towards a recognised finance qualification from the UK recognised professional bodies (eg: ACCA/ICAEW/CIMA or any other UK recognised professional bodies) with solid experience in a commercial environment.
- Additional skills require include: Analysis, Strategy Formulation, Risk Management, Financial Modelling, Financial Planning.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritise and manage workload.
- Experienced in managing staff.
- Be able to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Highly motivated, proactive, and requires limited direct supervision and guidance.
- Have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Be committed to personal development.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.