Interim Group Accountant
To prepare, develop and analyse key financial information to ensure the Company’s management makes well informed decisions to ensure stability, growth and profitability.
- To prepare the company’s financial statements including monthly management accounts, P&L variance analysis (margin detail & expenses) and balance sheet variance analysis.
- Support with budget preparation and cost management helping to ensure spending is kept in line with budget.
- Make recommendations on effective ways for the Company to save money/ cut costs.
- Produce weekly stock reports and monthly stock valuation, ensuring a full cost check is completed monthly.
- Produce the retro promotion spreadsheet and provide analysis and commentary of over rider and retro costs and income, and run all relevant reports.
- Check through year end over rider income and reconciliations with Non-Licensed buyers.
- Ensure full licensed cost of sales reconciliation.
- Produce monthly marketing cost evaluation and full year forecasting.
- Prepare, check and complete payment of the monthly stat return and quarterly VAT return
- Provide accurate information for and calculate quarterly commissions for the Recruitment and Acquisitions team.
- Review new franchisee files for finance information ensuring all relevant data is requested and make recommendations to the business on the suitability of the file.
- Ensure company cash flow is closely monitored by downloading bank statements and monitoring bank balances daily.
- Participate in yearend audits ensuring all information provided is accurate.
- Complete tax pack analysis and check for audit.
- Provide line management to the team, ensuring they are motivated and developed to perform at the best of their capabilities.
- Role model excellent customer service skills and ensure this is replicated throughout your team.
- A foundation Finance qualification required i.e. AAT
- Experience in retail would be desirable
- Good understanding of accounts reporting procedures and experience in compiling accounts and reports
- You will require excellent communication skills and have the ability to liaise with both finance and non-finance individuals
- Works well within a team and ability to motivate and coach others
- Makes sound decisions based on analysis, insight and experience
- Shows attention to detail ensuring accuracy in all work produced
- Strong analytical and logical problem solving skills
- Displays confidentiality at all times
- Computer literate with good excel skills and a solid understanding of accounting software principles