Acs are recruiting for an experienced Paralegal for the Technical & Forfeiture department of a legal firm basin in Liverpool City Centre.
Duties will include,
- Review and assess fresh instructions in liaison with the appropriate Fee Earner and agree/document the appropriate course of action.
- To deal with routine incoming correspondence, drafting replies as appropriate and resolving queries.
- Telephone clients and other contacts as and when necessary, dealing with such calls in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Ensure financial transactions and are dealt with efficiently and in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Draft accurate claims, witness statements and briefs to counsel, proof reading and correcting documents as required.
- To input, maintain and update information on the case management system, client systems and paper files.
- Maintain good fire management.
- Liaise with counsel, courts and tribunals ensuring that all necessary information is supplied, directions complied with and deadlines met.
- Maintain time recording in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Keep knowledge and expertise up to date through research, reading and attending courses and in house seminars as necessary.
- To undertake other duties which may be required from time to time.
- Self-motivated and able to act on own initiative.
- Team player, willing to be adaptable and inclusive.
- Ability to manage own workload in a busy environment to a consistently high standard.
- Flexible in the face of changing.
- Articulate with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to provide support to other teams when required.
- Takes responsibility for keeping technical and sector knowledge up to date.
- Understanding of and committed to client care.
All Applicants will be reviewed within the next working day and successful applicants will be acknowledged within 2 working days.
ACS Recruitment Consultants Ltd ()are the market leader within Legal Recruitment and we specialise in the placement of Qualified Solicitors, Legal Executives, Paralegals, Legal Secretaries and Support Staff at all levels.