Corporate Tax and Reporting Manager
The Client- Balfour Beatty (Keep Confidential)
Our client a FTSE 100 business is looking to recruit for a interim corporate tax and reporting manager to join their team based in Newcastle.
You will manage a team responsible for all matters of the UK corporation tax compliance process for multiple operating companies within the group including specifically:
The preparation of corporation tax returns and supporting computations;
- The preparation of all related required activity including transfer pricing, worldwide debtcap and capital allowances etc;
- The calculation of quarterly instalment payments;and
- Processing and collating group and consortium relief claim documentation.
You will also be required to lead and undertake various research and advisory pieces of work and to support the business generally with respect to the tax implications of business activities including acquisitions and disposals.
Specifically in this coming year you will also be expected to:
Assist the external advisors with the R&D tax credit claim, liaising with both financial and technical contacts within the business;
Undertake/assistin an exercise to model the group corporation tax losses and suggest potential ways to mitigate the effect of new legislation;and
Reviewand update thegroup’s currentSenior Accounting Officer process.
Finally, during the period prior to year end you and the team will be expected to finalise all prior year adjustments for the UK entities and collate all relevant information for external audit purposes.
Have proven experience of workingin UK Corporation tax
- Have an appropriate qualification-ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CTA
- Achieved an A-C grade in Maths, English and IT at GCSE or the equivalent
- Possess the ability to proactively manage your workload and work independently
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with all levels of people
- Experience of divisional reporting, Oracle, HFM and OneSource would be beneficial