CNC Milling Process Engineer
A rare opportunity to join a new workforce in the development of a new automotive manufacturing facility in Telford. This is a completely new factory with a new manufacturing process to produce lightweight components for the automotive industry. The parent company has extensive manufacturing plants globally and is regarded as the largest automotive component manufacturer.
The CNC Process Engineer role is reporting to the Technical Manager, responsible for overseeing and taking the lead in the implementation and continuous improvement of the manufacturing operations.
- Actively present on the shop floor to provide technical support on process related items.
- Maintain and develop process documents.
- Develop and implement process improvement strategies that are cost effective and efficent
- Investigate, resolve and troubleshoot
- CNC machining (milling), tooling and fixtures
- Proficient in Microsoft Packages
- Ability to effectively communicate and build relationships
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
- Awareness of ISO, H&S and SSOW - Creation of SOPs
- Continuous Improvement Activities
This role will suit experienced CNC Millers with experience in large batch production who have proven experience in process improvement including compiling Standard Operating Procedures. Experience in lean manufacturing, 5s, continious improvement, automotive supply is an advantage
£35k basic starting salary plus benefits. Excellent opportunies for progression within a new hi-tech state of the art manufacturing facility.