Company Accountant, Nottingham, £35,000 - £40,000p/a
Your new company
A leading European manufacturer with subsidiaries worldwide are currently looking to recruit a Company Accountant for their UK office based in Nottingham. Due to the Finance Director gradually stepping down from the business over the next year they are looking for a Company Accountant who can take ownership of the finances and eventually become the future Finance Director.
Your new role
The responsibilities of the role will grow and develop over time but the key responsibilities are as follows;
- Manage cash book activities including reconciliations
- Monthly cash flow
- Assist with Sales/Purchase ledger work (SAP accounting system)
- Manage all general ledger activity, balance sheet reconciliations, monthly prepayments and accruals
- Assist with Sales Order processing (Capital goods/Spares/Service)
- Prepare Monthly Management Accounts including process journals
- Assist with the annual Budgeting process
- Prepare Year End Accounts pre audit for submission to HO
- Assist in year end accounting procedures and closing
- Prepare VAT returns
- Process payroll and HR records (including Revenue submissions)
- Prepare/submit group consolidations
- Interact with the companies professional advisors
- Interact with the relevant Head Office departments
- Assist with the general running of the business
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.