Business Development Manager - Instrumentation & Monitoring
Our client are renowned for the provision of monitoring and control equipment to a diverse range of markets across the world. From damage deterrent products for heavy industry and transportation through to sensitive and discreet monitoring in the conservation world they are the experts in providing working instrumentation solutions from the latest innovation and research.
They are currently looking to recruit a Business Development Manager who will have accountability for the Industrial sector which in itself comprises customers across a range of industries including Manufacturing, Power, Aerospace, Defence, Oil & Gas.
The role will have accountability for:
- Maintaining existing, established business within the Industrial sector through proactive account management and relationship development.
- Seeking opportunities to grow spend levels from the existing customer portfolio.
- Identifying, pursuing and closing new business with Industrial customers.
- Working in tandem with other sector specialist BDM's in the business to seek best practice methods for continuous improvement in sales.
- Representing the customer market's requirements to our internal product development and engineering teams to ensure that the product offering is at the forefront of the market's needs.
- Monitor pricing to ensure competitiveness and seek new routes and markets for the products.
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- A strong technical sales background within Electronics broadly and more specifically Instrumentation and Monitoring solutions.
- A demonstrable track record of success in sales ideally focused on working with customers in the Industrial sector.
- A professional, proactive approach to sales and an ability to discuss a technical solution at a high level with customers.
- Natural self-motivation, a strong work ethic and a desire to continue to develop professionally.
- A knowledge of shock, vibration or accelerometer products would be a real benefit although consideration will be given to candidates in the broader Instrumentation and Monitoring sectors.
The role will be home based but will cover the whole of the UK so there will be the need for regular travel as well as periodic sales meetings at Head office in Hertfordshire.
The package on offer for the successful candidate will comprise a basic salary of up to £38,000 dependent on experience with a commission scheme (OTE £50,000) + car and benefits.