Senior Business Development Manager
Our client has rapidly grown into a global brand, recognised for its innovative products. They are currently recruiting for a Senior Business Development Manager to join their team due to rapid expansion. Based in Manchester, the role will be to develop and increase the sales of the UK with special emphasis on AirFreight, SeaFreight and e-Commerce.
· To provide account management support to the customers and branch.
· To develop customer base in line with company objectives.
· Support sales activities in other areas of the company as required as part of the sales team
· Report sales progress within the Company CRM system.
· Plan and prioritise personal sales activities towards achieving agreed targets including costs and sales - especially managing personal time and productivity
· Plan and manage personal business portfolio/territory according to an agreed market development strategy
· Manage pricing and margins according to agreed targets
· Retain existing business in line with objectives
· Use customer and prospect contact activities tools and systems, and update relevant information held in these systems
· Support local and national marketing initiatives
· Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant feedback, reports and information
· Report according to systems and requirements
· Communicate and negotiate internally and externally to support the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships
· Represent the Company at meetings and presentations as necessary to perform duties and aid business development.
· Achieving new business sales targets
· Retention of existing business in line with specified targets
The Ideal Candidate
- Must have acute experience within a Logistics/Freight/Eccomerce enviroment generting new business.
Main Location: Manchester, the successful candidate will be required to visit other sites as appropriate for the satisfactory performance of their duties and responsibilities. The hours of work are Monday - Friday, 9am -5.30pm.
Our client is offering an attractive salary of £40,000 dependant on experience. Commission will be based on 10% of GP for the first 12 months of trading minus the Cost Factor then 2.5% thereafter. A Car allowance of £500 per month plus business mileage.