Senior Trusts Consultant
Our client are looking for a Senior Consultant to manage a portfolio of UK Trust clients as part of our busy and growing Private Clients Team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- You will be responsible for preparing and reviewing accounts, trust tax returns, capital gains tax computations and other tax compliance work, and carring out general accountancy services, including:
- Maintaining accounting records
- Preparing control accounts and resolving problems arising from incomplete records
- Preparing VAT returns (if required)
- Preparing IHT returns for Estates and trusts, including exit and 10 year charges.
- Arranging payments of tax either directly or via the client.
- Agreeing liabilities or arranging for appeals.
- Drafting correspondence with H M Revenue & Customs (HMRC).
We will also consider potential candidates for Assistant Manager level based on experience.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
3 A-levels (grade A-C) or equivalent
GCSEs including B English and B Maths, or equivalent
Experience of preparing accounts and tax returns
Experience of managing a portfolio of clients and of reviewing other consultant's work
Good Knowledge of all types of UK trusts and trust taxation
Intermediate skills to make use of MS Office Suite
2:1 Degree or higher, or equivalent
ATT or AAT qualified
STEP or CTA qualified
ACA/ACCA part qualified, qualified by experience
Experience of CCH Trust Accounts software