Assistant Carpentry Contracts Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Construction Contracts Manager based in the Taunton & Bridgwater area. This is a split role 'hands on' and office based and will suit someone from a Carpentry back ground who wants that next step on the promotion ladder whilst still being on the 'tools'.
You will be responsible for the overview of several contracts and for overseeing teams of site agents and Q.S's as well as being the main liaison with clients and subcontractors. With a good commercial sense and understanding of all aspects of the contracting process and technical building requirements you will work from offices based in Somerset.
Clients will include Councils, Universities and Colleges, Retail and Leisure, Housing as well as major Industrial projects.
- To deliver projects to a high standard, on time and on budget.
- Manage any issues or concerns in a proactive, positive manner.
- Preparation and presentation of Tender Documentation.
- Understand customers requirement and challenges and how success is measured.
- To work collaboratively with Project Managers, Estimators, Quantity Surveyors and other members of the team.
- Ensure resources are managed to meet contractual requirements
- Brief project teams, contractors and suppliers.
- Drive responsibility and accountability into the delivery teams.
- Lead in such a way that sets an example to others to ensure a positive attitude and environment at all times.
- Regular review of contracts, procedures and policies to support the company's required outcomes.
- NVQ Level 2 or time served in Carpentry is essential for this role.
- SMSTS qualification is preferred but not essential.
- Full knowledge of the contracting process.
- Ability to manage client expectations in a diplomatic and tactful way.
- A good track record of delivering projects successfully and on time.
- Detailed understanding of safety leadership.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
This role offers an excellent career move for the successful candidate along with the opportunity to work with autonomy in a progressive forward thinking company. An excellent salary package and a new company van will be offered.
If you are a high rising star and are seeking an opportunity which is second to none and have the character, desire and ambition to take full accountability of this role then please apply now.
Please be aware that we are currently receiving a high volume of applications and will endeavor to contact all applicants, however if you have not been contacted within 72 hrs please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion and your CV will be kept on record for future positions.
This vacancy is being advertised by Contempo Recruitment, the services of an employment agency.