Group Financial Controller
Responsible for the financial management of the Plc group.
Accountable for the supervision of the Corporate Finance Team within Retail and will be fully accountable for managing relationships with external parties.
- Responsibility for the Consolidated Accounts to allow measurement of business performance.
- Responsibility for leading the Corporate Finance Team to ensure that all reporting is completed within a timely fashion for both internal and external parties ensuring 100% accuracy.
- Liaising with HMRC across the different tax regimes to ensure compliance with legislation and timely reporting and payments.
- Ensuring adherence to all financial and legal obligations regarding accounts, expenditure and reporting.
- Managing the margin analysis and breakdown of revenue to provide data for decision making.
- Annual Budget preparation and reporting for internal and external purposes.
- Overseeing Treasury function to manage the business cash flow.
- Supervision of annual audit process and working with auditors to ensure compliance on statutory accounts and tax requirements for annual returns.
- Managing relationships with corporate banks relating to working capital matters and longer term debt structure.
- Manage relationships with Credit Insurance companies, keeping them informed.
- Assessment and viability of development files (potential new franchisees/stores).
- Presenting at Franchise Meetings to proactively develop the franchisee relationships.
- Leading and developing Corporate Finance Team, to promote internal career development and an engaged workforce.
- Any other duties appropriate to the role
- CIMA Qualified or equivalent with experience in applying this in a large, complex commercial organisation
- Significant experience in large team leadership with proven track record of ability to lead your team in a way that is positive and motivating with strong team working and engagement ability.
- Second to none communication skills with ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels in a confident, engaging and audience appropriate way.
- In depth financial knowledge with full understanding of Corporate Responsibility and statutory obligations including responsibilities across HMRC tax regimes (incl. Bonded Warehouse).
- Proven commercial awareness and understanding of retail and/or wholesale environment with ability to lead a team effectively in a fast paced, target driven environment.
- Excellent PC skills including up-to-date knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Some Access knowledge would be helpful
- Organised and can prioritise according to business and team needs, being able to work on several projects at any time
- Resilient when dealing with feedback related to work produced.